Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review of Remix Project



I was pleasantly surprised at the reactions I received concerning the remix project. Josh and I’s joint efforts had a well-respected response primarily an wide interest in our process of remixing a remix. I expressed my struggle with the restraints and was sympathized and acknowledged for it. I went in to critiques unsteady and unhappy with my project but walked out relieved. The project was difficult but fun. Josh was able to take 90 minutes and transform it to 5 minutes with a completely different message. I continued with this narrative route but was more acknowledged from my abstraction, which I appreciated and wish I had continued with. I normally take a more abstract route and enjoy the process much more than a narrative. The abstraction of a film that is widely recognized by not only our culture but the majority of the world is complex. No matter how much you take away from the original narrative or remove a familiar character; the overall form can still be recognized (especially those with a distinct Disney signature). Had I the time to continue this process I would challenge myself to steer away from the narrative and explore the abstraction détournement .

No comments:

Post a Comment