Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reflection of Project 2_Site-E

Despite my technical struggles with this project; I enjoyed putting together a story more personal to me than most of the work I have done. It was hard to decide what to show and what to not. I loved the fact that although capturing the information would be considered invasive to my vacation I am always strapped to a camera and it felt normal. Rather than carrying a larger video camera (which I would consider invasive) I was able to whip something out of my pocket and quickly and discreetly capture it. The resolution was definitely and issue that had to be dealt with in this project. (I did so using stop motion intervals and spit screen effects) To be honest, I wish that my critique had been a bit more extensive. The addressing of the sound problems (which I agree with), use of devices while doing so on vacation, and odd timing for certain clips was key. I was able to understand the audience better allowing me to know what to keep in mind for my next project. I was grateful at how understanding my classmates had been and happy to share a bit of my personal life.
Piece:  http://vimeo.com/31517998

2 comments:

  1. I will be reviewing the projects soon for grading so can give you more critique then. If that is not enough I am also happy to meet with you to discuss the project with you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica,

    Some thoughts about your project. I really enjoyed the fact that you used multiple capture devices for this piece. Generally it had a great tempo which I think articulates the pace and energy of the city. I also enjoyed the "discoveries" as you explored the environment. The two places that the tempo gives way is the saw player and the coffee shop. I wonder if you could have begun and ended with these clips instead? The use of split screens was effective especially in minimising the resolution issues with smaller devices...my only comment is that during the market/swap meet section, you could have used a little less since the objects were interesting in their own right. The only other question I have is why you chose to use a ow res clip full screen of the musicians in the park?
    The stop motion was great. Good work!

    ReplyDelete